One Day Barra Fishing Charters
Our One Day Barra Fishing Charters run year round. Depending on what time of year you will be fishing either a billabong, river system or harbour.
With four distinct fishing seasons which include the “Runoff”, the “Dry”, the “Buildup” and the “Wet”. Each season brings an opportunity to catch a barra.
From trolling a river mouth or lillies along a billabong, or casting for barra from a mangrove or coastal creek, catching a barra is a must do when visiting the NT.
Specialsing in Barra Fishing Charters for over 15 years, we know the river systems of the Top End so you get the best opportunity to get a barra.
What It Includes
- Door to door transfers from your accommodation in Darwin in an modern air-conditioned 4WD.
- Morning tea, lunch, snacks and light refreshments wilst on board
- Lures and tackle on a replace basis (fly fisherman will have to bring their own gear)
- An experienced and friendly guide. Jarrod has over 15 years experience fishing the Top End waters as a guide.
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
What to Bring
- broad brimmed hat
- sunglasses. Polarised are great for looking into the water as it cuts the glare out.
- Sunsmart clothes.
- Camera/video camera
One Day Fishing Charters
Coroborree Billabong / Hardies
Corroboree is approximately one hour out of Darwin, while fishing on this picturesque waterway you may have a crocodile cruise past or getting some rays on the bank.
Not only a fishing charter where you can fish for Barramundi or Saratoga it is a wildlife tour as well with the birdlife all through the Corroboree Billabong system.
A bit further down the Arnhem Highway is Shady Camp. It is said to have the world’s most densest population of crocodiles in the world.
At Shady Camp you can fish fresh and salt water sides of the barrage. Depending on tides and season, Charters are either Fresh or Salt Water Exclusively or both.
Shady Camp is a Mecca for Fishing and wildlife.
Leaders Creek / Vernon Islands
One of the most diverse fishing locations within an hour of Darwin is Leaders Creek and the Vernon Islands. In certain seasons and on the right tide you are able to fish for a barra and jewfish in one session.
Offshore at the Vernon Islands you are able to fish for bluewater sport fish including Mackeral, Tuna, Queenfish and Giant Trevally.